You can still eat pancakes tomorrow eat healthily. These delicious pancakes are grain-free, sugar-free and dairy-free…and guilt-free!
6 large eggs
375g yoghurt (coconut, soya or dairy if tolerated)
100ml nut milk
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tsp vanilla extract
110 coconut flour
130g arrowroot flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon xylitol or coconut or maple syrup (optional)
1 very ripe mashed banana
Just before cooking add 30g melted coconut oil or butter or ghee
(I use butter)
1. Mix all the dry ingredients together.
2. Mix the eggs and other wet ingredients together.
3. Slowly combine both wet and dry ingredients. Leave to rest for 20 minutes whilst heating a non-stick pan to a medium-high heat.
4. Add the melted butter just before cooking.
5. Place roughly 3 tablespoons per pancake into the hot pan.
6. Cook for about 2-3 minutes each side.
Serve with a blueberry compote (heated frozen blueberries thickened with arrowroot) and a dollop of coconut yoghurt.